1. How Does Online Interior Design Saves Me Time + Money?
When you tackle design projects on your own, you run the risk of making costly mistakes in selecting items that don’t work with the space. Our designers are professionals who take size and scale seriously and know what pieces of furniture will work in a space, considering both size and style.
2. What will be my involvement in the room design?
You will be responsible for:
- Measuring your space (we will provide detailed instructions)
- Photographing and uploading images of your space
- Photographing and uploading images of any furniture you would like to keep in the space
- Sending us inspiration images of other rooms you love
- Providing your feedback on room layouts, colours, furniture and décor
- Make decisions on the products you would like to include in your space
3. How long does the whole process usually take?
After sending us all the required info for your space, you will receive your design within 7-10 days and then you’ll have 30 days to review, provide feedback and finalize all the details of the space. We believe this keeps the momentum going to get your room completed with ease and also ensures your furniture and décor selections are available (as things seem to get discontinued quite quickly in the design world!)
4. What if I don’t decide on all the details of my space within the 30 days?
Once the 30 days are up you will be able to purchase additional email or phone time with a designer at a discounted rate.
5. Is an open concept living/dining room considered one space?
No, each space should have it’s own function even if there are no walls diving the spaces.
6. Can I redesign my bathroom and kitchen with Ambience Express?
At this time we are focusing on single function rooms only (such as living rooms, bedrooms, etc.) but we’d be happy to provide our full service design option to help you create the kitchen and bathroom of your dreams.
7. I want to keep some of my existing furniture. Can you incorporate it into your design?
Most definitely! We ask for photos and dimensions of any items that you are keeping so that we can incorporate them into your design.
8. What do I need to provide in order to submit a project?
When you submit a project, we ask for the following:
- Your Room dimensions
- Your Completed “Room Details Questionnaire”
- Pictures of the current space
- Pictures of the furniture pieces you’re planning to keep in the space
- Inspirational images to show us the type of space you would love
9. Does an Ambience Express package still make sense for me if I rent?
Yes of course! We can help with your space work whether you rent or own. We can create a beautiful design with new furnishings and accessories without having to make permanent changes (unless you want to!)
10. I want to make my design a reality! How do I purchase the items on my curated list?
You can place all orders online through our Ambience Shop. All shipping is right to your door and is free within North America.
11. Am I obligated to purchase items recommended in my design?
No. You can go at your own pace and buy a few items at a time. Just keep in mind that styles and products change quickly so buy the pieces you love before they become unavailable!